Monday, February 07, 2005

Murphy's Law

This evening, after work, I headed for a class that my job was sending me to. It was announced, after I got there, that the instructor was ill and we could all go home early, we were all given an assignment, signed in and left around 5:30-6:00 PST (fucking rush hour for me) I had to take a couple of freeways and was miles from home. (I usually leave work before 5:30-so I dont hit traffic)
I called my brother on the cell phone, hands free-of course, (he, by the way, also has a cool blog going on-see links to get hooked up) I bitched to him about how much traffic there was on the freeway I was on and that all there was were brake lights as far as the eye could see. He and I comisererated for a while, while we both joked that half these people on the freeway were probably uninsured-ha ha. He told me to be careful, I told him I couldnt speed, I was in too much traffic plus, I was in the far right lane-"what could happen?"
Then it happened BOOM. My brother heard it.
Someone hit my fucking car from behind rather hard for only going less than 15 miles an hour. I told my brother via the cell phone that I had just been hit and I would talk to him later, I hung up, pulled over and got out of my car. The 20 or so year old Mexican kid that hit me,who didn't speak good English, also pulled over and got out of his car. He walked over to my car, and we both bent over to see the damage to my car-not too much but still the lower bumper had some paint taken off of it and my back will probably be sore tomorrow. We agreed to share insurance information.
He was friendly enough and we both went back to our cars-me to get my license and insurance and I thought he was doing the same. As I got in my car and reached for my wallet, I looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see him speed off-without exchanging any information and it happened so fast and he was so sneaky that I couldn't even see his license number to write down, and it was dark outside so I couldn't describe his car.
Well shit happens, But lately,I just wish it would happen to someone else. Does it help that Im a good person? Im living proof, guess not.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?