Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Weight Problems and the Issues Around It
Yep,about 4 or 5 years ago I was 60 pounds heavier than I am now. (more, if you count all the times I gained and lost weight over the years)
But, Ive always had a weight problem-still do, I guess its like being an alcoholic-even if you get smaller and stay smaller,you still have to watch it or you will become Orca. So, in that respect, Im not normal.
I look at food differently now than when I was younger. Nowadays, (and I never thought Id think this way) there is lots of advertising and restaurants,etc that work on tempting me to eat fattening,comforting foods-chocolate cake, McDonalds fries, potato chips, candy, spaghetti, sweet rolls, just to mention a very,very few, however, I dont WANT to eat this stuff-not necessarily because of the weight issue but because these foods are crap and poison for my one and only given system. I dont want high blood pressure,diabetes, heart disease,cancer just to name a few or to be predisposed to any of things-guess Ive seen and heard too many people being painfully ravaged by diseases that could have been prevented in the first place-most of these diseases/disorders can be controlled just by not EATING this shit-fucking imagine that. Not too difficult to do when you think of it that way. Prevention is always better than treating a problem.
Kind of like smoking-dont smoke and you decrease your risk of getting all kinds of horrible disorders- And you know, there are even some STUPID colleagues of mine in the health care biz who SMOKE-dumbshits.
Anyway-you are probably wondering how I did this...okay, I will tell you what worked for me and keep in mind Ive had a weight problem since I was 9 years old and since then, have tried everything including weight watchers,starving myself,juice diets,jenny craig,shots,pills etc. Eventually, as I approached my 30's, try as I might, I couldnt lose weight and I was eating once a day!I almost gave up thinking nothing would work anymore-I found out not only was I was not able to metabolize food, due to the constant dieting I had done, I was insulin resistant and couldnt metabolize certain carbs either.
What worked for me was (and I promise you, this is not meant to be an infomercial and Im not trying to sell a program) the Michael Thurmond 6 week body make over.What motivated me to try this was knowing that I can do just about anything for 6 weeks-so I gave it a try.
The program encourages you to eat 6 times a day and cut out refined carbs-like white bread and cookies,but small amounts of good carbs like rice and sweet potatoes are allowed. You dont have to do alot of exercise,in fact hard workouts are discouraged-maybe a little walking, but I found the diet alone works just fine and I wasnt. I started seeing weight disappear from my body the first week and the rest of it came off in about 4-6 months(a little longer than 6 weeks but since I had lost a good amount of weight in 6 weeks-I was motivated to keep going) the results were unbelievable.
The program is definitely something I found I was able to continue even after the weight was lost-I still would like to lose about 20 more pounds-I will.Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Slipping on a smaller size clothing that I hadnt been able to wear in years was quite a different but happy feeling and I didnt feel liking hiding anymore-I was now willing to have my picture taken without running away in fear-I bought a bathing suit for the first time in a long time, best of all, I aquired self-confidence and was able to start personal relationships.
Ive been able to keep this weight thing under control for a while now, which is something I was never able to do. Now Im working on the toning thing with the "Firm", video(no, not the motion picture-its an exercise video)Cross those fingers for me here too.
Im not a supermodel and will never be one,but thats okay-most people arent, my weight loss has taught me that I have beauty within.
My point-dont give up...if I can do it, anyone can and I mean that.
But, Ive always had a weight problem-still do, I guess its like being an alcoholic-even if you get smaller and stay smaller,you still have to watch it or you will become Orca. So, in that respect, Im not normal.
I look at food differently now than when I was younger. Nowadays, (and I never thought Id think this way) there is lots of advertising and restaurants,etc that work on tempting me to eat fattening,comforting foods-chocolate cake, McDonalds fries, potato chips, candy, spaghetti, sweet rolls, just to mention a very,very few, however, I dont WANT to eat this stuff-not necessarily because of the weight issue but because these foods are crap and poison for my one and only given system. I dont want high blood pressure,diabetes, heart disease,cancer just to name a few or to be predisposed to any of things-guess Ive seen and heard too many people being painfully ravaged by diseases that could have been prevented in the first place-most of these diseases/disorders can be controlled just by not EATING this shit-fucking imagine that. Not too difficult to do when you think of it that way. Prevention is always better than treating a problem.
Kind of like smoking-dont smoke and you decrease your risk of getting all kinds of horrible disorders- And you know, there are even some STUPID colleagues of mine in the health care biz who SMOKE-dumbshits.
Anyway-you are probably wondering how I did this...okay, I will tell you what worked for me and keep in mind Ive had a weight problem since I was 9 years old and since then, have tried everything including weight watchers,starving myself,juice diets,jenny craig,shots,pills etc. Eventually, as I approached my 30's, try as I might, I couldnt lose weight and I was eating once a day!I almost gave up thinking nothing would work anymore-I found out not only was I was not able to metabolize food, due to the constant dieting I had done, I was insulin resistant and couldnt metabolize certain carbs either.
What worked for me was (and I promise you, this is not meant to be an infomercial and Im not trying to sell a program) the Michael Thurmond 6 week body make over.What motivated me to try this was knowing that I can do just about anything for 6 weeks-so I gave it a try.
The program encourages you to eat 6 times a day and cut out refined carbs-like white bread and cookies,but small amounts of good carbs like rice and sweet potatoes are allowed. You dont have to do alot of exercise,in fact hard workouts are discouraged-maybe a little walking, but I found the diet alone works just fine and I wasnt. I started seeing weight disappear from my body the first week and the rest of it came off in about 4-6 months(a little longer than 6 weeks but since I had lost a good amount of weight in 6 weeks-I was motivated to keep going) the results were unbelievable.
The program is definitely something I found I was able to continue even after the weight was lost-I still would like to lose about 20 more pounds-I will.Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Slipping on a smaller size clothing that I hadnt been able to wear in years was quite a different but happy feeling and I didnt feel liking hiding anymore-I was now willing to have my picture taken without running away in fear-I bought a bathing suit for the first time in a long time, best of all, I aquired self-confidence and was able to start personal relationships.
Ive been able to keep this weight thing under control for a while now, which is something I was never able to do. Now Im working on the toning thing with the "Firm", video(no, not the motion picture-its an exercise video)Cross those fingers for me here too.
Im not a supermodel and will never be one,but thats okay-most people arent, my weight loss has taught me that I have beauty within.
My point-dont give up...if I can do it, anyone can and I mean that.