Saturday, October 29, 2005

Found a desk


Went to IKEA saw many many wonderful items-I even saw a computer desk that I liked and wanted, only problem was that IKEA is self serve-they do not deliver stuff. The box was huge and heavy,my dilima, even if I got someone to heave that heavy big box into my car, I couldnt drag it into my second story apt if my life depended on it, unless I suddenly morphed into Arnold Schwartznegger.
All you women who have husbands,boyfriends,strong older boys,brothers,friends,relatives who will help you- never,never take that for granted.

I'm more of a do-it-yourself-er!





So I went into Office Depot and found a computer desk that was perfect and on sale, they delivered for free too. I wanted to sign up for a store credit card-since there was no crowd this early in the morning I went up to the cashier, the clueless cashier sent me to the manager, because he didnt know how to sign me up,
the fucking MANAGER (around age 40) didnt know how to sign me up either-nor did any of the other assholes in this store,come on people, this is an OFFICE- FUCKING DEPOT, a huge chain store, not Julio's Office Equipment.
Well, Mr Dumbfuck manager calls a few people to inquire. It was obvious he was calling people he knew because he had his address book out! Stupid moron.
Well, no one he called was home as he only was getting voice mails. So, enough of this shit I thought, and called out to this genius, "Cant you phone someone from another Office Depot to help you?" So he calls another store and they give him the answer in about 2 seconds.
I was in this house of horrors for 45 minutes because I had to wait for this dumb cluck.
The challenges regarding the desk are,
1- it comes unassembled and 2- no saturday deliveries and they dont give a window of time of delivery either, that means I have to take a whole day off work because there will be no one home to accept delivery .
Oh, Home Depot offered me a company that assembles, it will cost me 110 bucks and they will come to assemble it a couple days AFTER delivery and they dont give a window of time either, so, I would have to take another day off work to wait for them to come. I told them to eat me-pricks.
I bought the desk, and will attempt to assemble it myself. Delivery is next Friday

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?