Thursday, January 26, 2006

The eye doctor




I went to a new Optometrist the other day-Dr Rov-I was given her name by another eye center
So I get to her fancy office in a fancy,rich town in Orange County about 4pm and sat in her waiting room. Soon the waiting room was overtaken with tons of kids -I presumed, all of them had some sort of a form of A.D.D.
I looked around desperately for another mature person and except for the rich mom who was waiting for one of her precious,spoiled rugrats to come out of the exam room and was reading the latest People,oblivious to the other kids who were walking on the walls, I was the only adult in the damn room.
Then out comes my doctor into the waiting room, I guess she had about 7 or 8 valium that day or had just come from a trip to Disneyland, cause as she introduced herself to me in the midst of all that screaming and asked me if I needed anymore "entertainment" that day.
As I walked with my new Optometrist,who was approximately in her mid to late 50's and had a voice like Minnie Mouse, I noticed one of her eyes pointed up to the sky- I swear she looked exactly like Marty Feldman (remember Young Frankenstein?) and she obviously deals with kids alot cause she talked to me like she was going to point her magic wand and spread fairy dust on my head. Her outfit matched exactly to the color scheme of the office
I noticed each and everyone of the other members of her staff wore their hair down and perfectly coiffed,it looked like someone comes to the office daily to wash and style everyone-no hair was out of place.
As Dr Wandering Eye Feldman examined my eyes she wanted to divert me so she told me,"just watch the movie" (it was a freaking cartoon)

And for all you who are thinking about doing Lasix surgery, Dr Marty Feldman says to hold out for 5 or 6 years as something better and reversable is coming down the scientific pike. She isnt so hot about referring people for Lasix because your eye is cut and she predicts many cases of Glaucoma in the future because of the Lasix procedure.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?