Saturday, April 22, 2006
Stuff that amused me today


I went to the Pet Expo today held at the Orange County Fairgrounds.
Saw breeds of dogs and cats that I only heard about in magazines-that was interesting (I cant remember what they called the breed but the face looked like a Scottish terrier, but the body stood about 3 feet tall instead of the usual low to the ground body-scared the hell out of me) I got a bagful of samples for my cats and some for friends' animals too
I bought a new pooper scooper and some stuff to clean up the hairball vomit that my cats leave all over the house. (by the way,how nice and cool this feels to step in while on the way to the bathroom at 3am)
Someone made small versions of bedroom furniture from logs - complete with headboards on the bed and thick comforters for your pampered poo-der, I didnt think to look at the price but Im sure it was in the 500 dollar or more range.
I went into the cat house but I only saw those primped up purebred showcats.I dont know how they could stand all the damn noise in there. My cats would have been hanging upside down on the ceiling by their nails
There were Llamas and donkeys and horses oh my. Smelled delightful there at the fairgrounds.
I sat in on a radio show that was being broadcast at the Expo by none other than famed animal behavioralist, Warren Eckstein
He took calls from people wanting to get advice about their animals' annoying behaviors-like the one woman who called to ask how to get her cat to not pee in the sink and the bathtub or the woman who asked what she should do about her dog's "recycling" issue (otherwise known as "poop eating")and from the guy who wanted to know if Warren believed in reincarnation of animals because he found a little 3 legged kitten in his yard right after his dear cat died.
Warren was very funny and very kind-what a good hearted man. He gave away alot of free stuff to people and announced he,himself would pay for a wheelchair for a little puppy at the Expo whose hind legs were paralyzed due to the fact that his spine never fused at birth, he held that adorable little pup on his lap and stated that whoever adopts him must be extremely special and will be checked out.
Well, I had a good day cause I spent it in the company of those I love-the animals-I must have been a hound in a previous life
