Saturday, May 13, 2006
300 dollars later...

Well, I did it today,I dont feel like a Shar pei anymore, Got the Botox injected to the laugh lines. I aked the doctor who did the procedure, "how did I get laugh lines,I hate people?"
He fell out laughing, Guess he'd better be careful or he will have to botox his own laugh lines away
So the doc and I decided to call them SQUINT lines instead
There was no pain to the injections, but it was a little disconcerting when he kept pulling out then reinserting the same needle into different parts of my eye area several times. Forget about sterility-hey,chill, its my own face for shit sake- its not like he took the needle out and rammed it in his ear then reinserted it in my eye.
He gave me some money off the procedure then gave me some more as a "professional discount"(I think it was the head I gave him) no. Lucky for that other wise it would have cost me about 400 bucks or whatever 12.00 per unit comes out to be. He used 32 units on my scrotum face.
He said give it about 3-4 days for noticable effect. Then redo every 3-4 months
Prior to the Botox doc did a consult and he said that Im starting to get BROWN spots on my fucking facing.(ie. age spots) Ewwwwww. The only thing that gets rid of that is resurfacing the 2nd layer of skin with laser treatments-3 of those should do the trick. At 1000 bucks a pop-creams and lotions dont work cause they dont penetrate down far enough.
Doc told me that people age late 20's early 30's are now getting the botox injected before wrinkles come out so they dont get wrinkles later on-kind of face insurance-the botox works to relax the muscles so you dont crinkle up eventually, like I am now.
He also told me that after a while with continued treatments, I wont need as much injected.
Of course, I asked him if anything new was coming up in the botox world-he told me that right now Allergen has a monopoly for botox, however in a couple years another company is working on getting a type of botox (using a different name of course) so the price will go down. The company is in phase 2 of trials right now and there are 3 phases. So about 2 more years.
I notice that my lines around the eyes are getting softer after only 6 hours, hopefully will see more tomorrow
Doctor told me he gets calls from people asking him about "botox parties" they want to give in their homes. He says that it is illegal to perform a medical procedure in your kitchen without a doctor.
Hey, do you really have to be told not to jab a needle in your friend's face that is full of a medication that could cause paralysis or worse? And do you really need to be told not to allow your waitress friend not to inject your face with a syringe full of Botulism?
