Monday, May 08, 2006
Bridget Jones Diary Entry #5

As if I needed this
I get home today to find my credit card bill in the mail box. Okay, I was expecting this to come but the amount that was due was DOUBLE the amount I usually pay.
I thought, this must be a mistake. So I called customer service
and a fucking sirly man who, from the sound of it, has had bad tempered customers call him all day, says to me in a mechanical,customer service tone, "you didnt pay all your balance last month ma-am"
But,I replied, to Mr Ro-boto the script reader, "I have the receipt that says I did"
He answers, "you didnt pay the entire amount, you were 5 cents short."
Let me tell you what it means to be 5 cents short on your credit card payment in english:
$102.67 finance charge and $39.00 in late fees along with a doubled monthly minimum
After excusing himself so as he could speak with his manager, he comes back to the line and was soooo kind as to remove the late fee and the finance charge but I still had to pay the doubled minimum + 5 cents of course. This will be credited back to me but not until the June statement
Sunday, I made a chocolate cake,some coffee with Kaluah,wrapped myself in a huge comforter,laid on the couch with a large slice of cake, watched Bridget Jones Diary-The Edge Of Reason (which is very funny by the way) and cried my glasses foggy
All I needed was to have a ciggy hanging out of my grill-I would have been the poster girl for depression