Friday, May 05, 2006

"I never bought you flowers"

By Merijoe



A couple of men that I have loved very much in the past, have used this phrase or something near like it to let me know, when I appeared to get too close to them emotionally, to tell me that they werent in love with me or had any feelings for me otherwise they would have done things like send me flowers and more instead of the absoulte nothing that they were doing for me.

One of the gentlemen I love(d) wanted to know,how I could be soooo stupid to continue to have sex with him for all these years,show him as much love and kindness I had been,and have any type of feelings for him, because,he has done nothing for me,and he never led me to believe we had anything going on. He goes on to say proudly, that "when he's in a relationship, he does things for the woman"

That didnt help my already low self esteem

Indeed the correct adjective for me is stupid, and lets not forget to add "fool"

So next time I'll look for the flowers,and if they arent sent to me-I wont take him seriously.

After a few years of dating and having sex,I thought, for sure, a man could fall in love with a woman,(even if she doesnt look like Eva Longoria)
who does many random acts of kindness for him and others in his life,is always loving and supportive,is a good conversationalist,is intelligent,funny and fun to be with. Laughs even when you tell a dumb story, forgives you when you do something stupid,never brings up past mistakes,keeps quiet about painful subjects,Suggests staying home when money is tight-making or buying meals,making cookies and sending them by mail to you, gets up at 3am to massage your back until you fall asleep because you cant sleep due to severe back pain that is shooting down your legs,never nags,never makes threats,never yells,is patient,takes you to the airport at 5am,isnt high maintenance,is independent,isnt a stalker,has her own life,takes care of herself the best she can, and the piece de resistance, gives good head.
And of course,never asks for anything in return-except for help to put a shelve up.

I thought you might get flowers based on those things alone- guess you need to look like Halle Berry and have Oprah Winfreys bank account too.

Not sure if thats true but I cant begin to think of what else would get you flowers

Comments:
Hey Meri Joe,
dont think twice about those guys who have treated you badly. It doesnt sound as though they are worth your time anyways. Dont even think of settling for someone who doesnt respect you. I know it sounds cliche'd. Im a 23 year old married guy, who doesnt want you wasting your time on someone who doesnt live to see you smile...got it? you take care now, and keep smiling...not all guys are a waste of space...keep your chin up! ;0)
 
thanks once again, Jaded One
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?