Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My 2nd day of rest


Today found me in San Juan Capistrano (also close to where I live)
I hit the 5 south around 8:30 this morn hoping to find a quaint little breakfast diner and perhaps some antique shops.

I hit a massive traffic snarl on the freeway-I was just going about 7 miles from where I live. Damn

I went in circles trying to find a place to have breakfast in, what is probably one of the largest tourist areas in OC. Nada. Just a few coffee places like Dietrichs and Starbucks....oh, found a Marie Callendars-not opened
Finally found a little place around 10 oclock, it was called "Mollies"-this place was packed to the gills- with oldsters wearing Hawaiian shirts,shorts and straw hats.
It looked like a scene from cocoon in there.

I decided to sit outside on the plastic chairs.
The waiters and waitresses were very nice and very attentive-almost Stepfordish, but better than no service. I bet they talked about us when we were gone..I hope I left enough tip

You could order a Trout and egg breakfast for 8 bucks or just the Trout flopped on your plate, ala carte, for 6, if you'd rather not do eggs.

mmmmmm-trout.

Anyway, I sat outside and a bald older dude sat at a table next to me by himself, after he finished eating, he lit up a ciggy.
I couldnt help but think to myself that this guy probably figures hes old and going to die soon anyway, why not take someone with him with 2nd hand smoke...and he probably thought "dammit, Im outside, I will do whatever I want!"

mmmmmmm-trout with cancer.

I finished breakfast around 10:45 and nothing was opened yet except for the mission tours, the Chevron that charged 3.45 for gas and a bar called the "Swallow"

Since nothing was opened I just drove home. Tomorrow, I plan to go to Huntington Beach-Surf City USA, maybe I'll have better luck

Comments:
I can't stand inconsiderate people. Even if you were outside, it would still be appropriate for him to have some common sense and ask if it was okay if he smoked. I don't want to taste cigarette smoke but the meal I'm eating!
 
you know,unfortuately,
The days of thoughfulness for others have gone by the wasteside when you reach On Goldenpond years... After 70-75, the.. "Im OLD and can do whatever I want" attitude comes into play
I, on the other hand do not intend to get old gracefully, My plans are to wear low cut tops and below the waist jeans,get Botox,laser,neck surgery,liposuction,do random acts of kindness for others and walk without wheeled appliances

M
PS-thanks BB for taking time to read and comment! You inspire me to keep on writing
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?