Thursday, June 01, 2006

A 3rd vacation day


Amazing how much fun you can find to do in your own town or near it. Hey, Im a single gal with no money,Im going thru a breakup and I need to distract my mind,I also want to feel as though I did something for 5 days... Its not Jamaica but its free

I went to Huntington Beach today,I have always wanted to go there, I never lived far from there,ever, yet I have never explored Surf City.
I sort of planned out what I would do,in other words, I looked on the Internet, briefly last night for what looked interesting to me. Of course I wrote the directions ass backwards-left turns should have been right turns etc.

I finally made it to a little cafe this morning (1 hour later than usual,because of my wise old fucked up directions) for the usual breakfast stop that I make and it was one of the nicest Ive been to: Alices Breakfast In The Park. The restaurant is very quaint,looks like grandmas house when you walk in with lots of antiques and doilies everywhere, the sweet little cottage sits smack in the middle of a park near a lake. There were zillions of ducks that sat near the entrance with their heads tucked into their bodies.I guess thats how they sleep-cute as hell.
So many Squirrels,birds and other assorted creatures ran around the little lakefront restaurant, you were afraid you were going to step on one-also cute as hell.
Adorable little place..you got the feeling that the witch would push you into the oven. And Im jewish, so that really scared me.
There were tables outside so you could enjoy the view while you ate. I was just afraid I would get shit on by one of the overhead birds or a hungry goose would grab my plate, so I ate my french toast inside but near a big window. Ummm, your choice of homemade breads for the french toast.

After breakfast, I had to scare some of the livestock near the restaurant by taking pictures with my cell phone camera. I could hear them mock me. "Here comes a fucking tourist with her camera-RUN so she cant get a picture" They probably gossiped about me after I left.

Then I drove to the stables. Oh I had big plans to go Horsey-back riding! I found a nearby stable that rents horses-the only thing left was to find out how much it would cost for an hour of great fun. I parked my car near some of those big beautiful animals, I said hello to one of them-what did I expect, that he would say hi back like he was Mr Ed or something?
I walked into the office and asked how much to ride for an hour
So the willowy blonde goddess who doesnt have to wear makeup and whos dad probably owns this huge stable and 5 others, replies
"50 dollars for one hour" then she bubbled all over me(I think she got some on her size 2 shirt) "its great fun"

Did I mention in the beginning of this blog entry that I had no money? I think 50 dollars is all I have for 5 days.

I couldnt help but wonder, what would Matt Dillion say if he knew that in 2006 a rental of a horse for an hour of horseback riding would go for 50 bucks?

After I slunk out of there all depressed, I took a tour of the local Dog Park (My favorite F word...free)
I had a good time loving up all the dogs that werent mine.
I met a nice little wiener dog and a golden retriever puppy, who, by the way, was as big as an SUV, a couple of pitbull mixes-friendly sweeties and the mixed lab pup who took a drink of water then splashed his paws in it-as if to say, "The ground is hot and I need some shoes,but cold water will do for now"....none of them cared that I had no money,my hair was messed up and I looked fat.

I stayed a bit longer then left when it was getting quite obvious that I had no animal with me, I looked like the dog stalker.

I drove on to the Huntington Pier on Pacific Coast Hwy. This time I turned left when my directions specifically told me to turn right. Using this method, I got to my destination in no time flat. smart
There were a lot of people there for a thursday-maybe kids were out of school-or like me, on vacation, man.
I saw a soaking wet older dude(about 60ish) emerge from the water and out of the beach with a surf board under his arm-cool
Mostly just kids about 16 or so. Some families with small children

I got a bug up my ass to cut my hair. I drove to Costa Mesa looking for a SuperCuts
I saw a Beauty shop went inside and asked the employee if there was any place around town to get a cheap haircut. She replied "two doors down-they do good work and they are inexpensive for a cut"
So I went two doors down and told the girl at the front that I just wanted a trim-so she calls over one of the haircutters who didnt speak a word of Damn english and told her what I requested, in spanish.
Oh hell, I thought,Im totally at this cutters mexican mercy,
what if she told her to cut my hair like a Chicken or like Simba in Lion King then dye it green, what a way to get back at the Gringo for the Border/Illegal Alien Issue.
Actually, me and my hair walked out just fine. There were just a few too many frills at the ends for me-much like a mexican wedding costume but it only cost 25 dinero

I decided to celebrate by washing the bird shit off my car-I dont think shes seen water in about 3 weeks.

So now Im home, blogging. Maybe Balboa Island or San Onofre tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?